Moving home is a big job and it requires a lot of planning and organisation. Booking a removal company is one of the most important tasks to do when it comes to arranging your move. Which why in this guide we are going to cover:
- When is the best time to book a removal company?
- How many quotes should you get?
- Questions to ask your removal company?
- What happens once you have booked your removal company?
When is the best time to book a removal company?
The answer to this question will depend on several factors, including how soon you need to move, how big your move is, and how flexible your moving date is. Generally speaking, it’s best to book your removal company at least a month before your moving date. This is to give yourself enough time to organise your move and work out the details with the removal company.
If you know your exact moving date and you’re confident that it won’t change, it’s best to start looking for removal companies at least 6 weeks before your move. And book your removal company at least 4 weeks before your move. This will give you enough time to compare quotes, read reviews, and find the right removal company for your needs.
If your moving date is flexible and you’re not sure when exactly you’ll be moving, it’s best to start looking for removal companies and getting quotes as soon as possible. Most removal companies will be able to give you an estimate on the cost of your move, even if you don’t know your exact moving date yet. This will allow you to get an idea of how much your move will cost. As well as help you plan your budget accordingly.
When it comes to booking your removal company, it’s important to plan ahead and book as soon as possible. This will give you the best chance of finding the right removal company for your move, and at the best price. It’s also important to confirm your booking with the removal company at least a week before your move. This is so that they have enough time to plan and prepare for your move.
Booking during busy periods
You should take into consideration booking during busy periods. Research has found that summer especially August is the most popular time for moving home. Meaning removal companies will likely be very busy. Therefore, if you looking to move during this time it is best to get quotes and book a removal company as soon as possible. Winter is less popular so you may find they have more availability.
In addition, which day of the week you choose will also affect when you need to book. For example, Friday is the most popular day of the week to move on. Therefore, you will probably find you need to book a removal company fairly early if you wish to move on a Friday. However, if the day of the week you move on does not matter then Sunday is a good day as it’s the least busiest.
How many quotes should you get?
When you’re looking for a removal company, it’s important to get multiple quotes so that you can compare prices and find the best deal. As a general rule of thumb, it’s best to get at least three quotes from different removal companies. This will give you a good range of prices to compare and make sure that you get the best value for your money.
When getting quotes from different removal companies, make sure that you’re comparing similar services. You should also make sure that all the quotes include the same level of insurance and protection for your items. This will help you make sure that you’re getting a good deal. As well as, knowing that your items are properly protected during the move.
Questions to ask your removal company
When hiring a removal company, it’s important to ask the right questions before you hire them to ensure that you get the best service. Here are a few questions that you should ask your removal company to make sure that your move goes smoothly:
• What is your experience in the removal industry? It’s important to make sure that your removal company has the necessary experience and expertise to handle your move. Asking this question will help you understand the level of service that you can expect and make sure that you get the best service possible.
• What services do you provide? Make sure to ask your removal company what services they provide and what is included in the cost of your move. This is to make sure that you don’t have any hidden costs.
• How will you protect my items? Ask your removal company how they will protect your items during the move. This is important to ensure that all your items are moved safely and securely.
• What is your insurance policy? It’s important to understand what kind of insurance your removal company has and what is covered in the event of any damage or loss. Asking this question will help you understand the level of protection your items will have. As well as making sure that you’re covered in the event of any accidents.
• What is your cancellation policy? It’s important to understand what the cancellation policy is in case you need to cancel your move for any reason. Asking this question will help you understand what the process is for cancelling your move. And make sure that you don’t incur any additional costs.
We cover in more detail questions to ask your removal company in our blog post here.
What happens once you have booked your removal company?
Once you have booked your removal company, the company will work with you to plan the details of your move. This will include working out a timeline for the move, agreeing on a date, and discussing any additional services that you may need. It’s important to communicate with your removal company at this stage to ensure that all the details of your move are agreed upon. So, that everything runs smoothly on the day.
The removal company will also take the time to inspect your home and assess the items that need to be moved. This will help them plan the most efficient way to move your items. As well as making sure that everything is moved safely and securely.
Once all the details of your move have been planned and agreed upon, you wait for moving day. The removal company will pack and load your belongings into their van safely, transport them to your new home, unload your belongings and if you have paid for it, they will unpack your belongings in the correct rooms.
In summary it is best to start looking at removal companies roughly 4 to 6 weeks before your move. This is to ensure you have enough time to compare at least three removal companies and choose the best one for you. Remember to read their reviews, look at what services they offer, what availability they have and their fees before making a decision. If you would like to read more about what removal companies do for you then you can read our blog post here.
In addition, If you are looking for a removal company that is easy to book then our partner LOVESPACE is for you. The best way to book is through this link here. All you do is choose the type of property you are moving out off, what services you require and what date you need the removal company. LOVESPACE will then be in touch to discuss the finer details of your move. You will only need to pay one flat fee and the pricing is upfront to make sure there are no hidden costs. Our partnership with LOVESPACE focuses on transparency to make the process of moving home as easy and simple as possible.